Becoming an expert player in Blackjack requires a combination of studying the game, practicing your skills, and developing your own strategy. Here are 12 book suggestions that cover a wide range of topics related to Blackjack:
- The World’s Greatest Blackjack Book by Lance Humble and Carl Cooper: This comprehensive guide covers everything from the basics of the game to advanced strategy and card counting techniques.
- Blackjack Attack: Playing the Pros’ Way by Don Schlesinger: This book is aimed at serious players who want to take their game to the next level, offering in-depth analysis of different Blackjack strategies and the math behind them.
- Knock-Out Blackjack: The Easiest Card Counting System Ever Devised by Olaf Vancura and Ken Fuchs: This book introduces a simple but effective card counting system that can be used by players of all skill levels.
- Blackjack: Play Like the Pros by John Bukofsky: This book offers practical tips and advice from a professional Blackjack player, as well as strategies for dealing with common scenarios and playing in different types of games.
- Blackwood’s Guide to Winning Blackjack by John “Blackjack” Smith: This book offers a straightforward approach to Blackjack strategy, with tips on how to play different hands and advice on when to hit, stand, double down, or split.
- Million Dollar Blackjack by Ken Uston: This classic book from the 1980s offers a fascinating glimpse into the world of professional Blackjack players, including the author’s own experiences and strategies.
- The 21st-Century Card Counter: The Pros’ Approach to Beating Blackjack by Colin Jones: This book offers a modern take on card counting, with tips on using technology to gain an edge and insights into the latest trends in the game.
- Beat the Dealer by Edward O. Thorp: This classic book from 1962 is often credited with starting the card counting revolution and remains a must-read for serious Blackjack players.
- Blackjack Blueprint: How to Play Like a Pro… Part-Time by Rick Blaine: This book offers practical advice and strategies for players who want to make money playing Blackjack without quitting their day jobs.
- The Theory of Blackjack: The Complete Card Counter’s Guide to the Casino Game of 21 by Peter A. Griffin: This book delves into the mathematics behind the game of Blackjack and offers insights into optimal strategy and card counting.
- Burning the Tables in Las Vegas: Keys to Success in Blackjack and in Life by Ian Andersen: This book offers a unique perspective on Blackjack strategy and life in general, with plenty of entertaining anecdotes and insights.
- Blackbelt in Blackjack: Playing 21 as a Martial Art by Arnold Snyder: This book draws parallels between Blackjack and martial arts, offering a unique and engaging approach to learning the game.
Those are all great book suggestions for someone interested in learning more about Blackjack!