Double Attack Blackjack is an exciting and unique variation of the traditional blackjack game that introduces new rules and features, providing a more aggressive and engaging gaming experience. This variation allows players to increase their initial bets after seeing the dealer’s upcard, adding a new strategic element to the classic game. In this article, we will discuss the features, rules, and strategies of Double Attack Blackjack.
Features of Double Attack Blackjack
- Doubling the initial bet: In Double Attack Blackjack, players have the option to double their initial bet after seeing the dealer’s upcard, hence the name “Double Attack.”
- Spanish deck: Double Attack Blackjack is played with a Spanish deck, which consists of 48 cards with the 10s removed.
- Dealer stands on soft 17: The dealer stands on soft 17 in Double Attack Blackjack, which slightly reduces the house edge compared to the dealer hitting on soft 17.
- Bust It! side bet: Double Attack Blackjack offers an optional side bet called “Bust It!”, which pays out if the dealer busts on their third card.
Rules of Double Attack Blackjack
- Players place their initial bets and have the option to place the Bust It! side bet.
- The dealer deals one upcard to themselves and players decide whether or not to Double Attack, doubling their initial bet.
- The dealer then deals two cards to each player and a face-down hole card to themselves.
- Players make decisions to hit, stand, double down, or split based on their hand value and the dealer’s upcard, following standard blackjack rules.
- If the dealer busts with three cards, the Bust It! side bet pays out according to the paytable, which varies depending on the dealer’s bust card.
- The main blackjack game continues as usual, with players trying to beat the dealer by having a hand value closer to 21 without exceeding it.
Strategies for Double Attack Blackjack
- Adjust your basic strategy: Due to the unique rules of Double Attack Blackjack, players should adjust their basic blackjack strategy accordingly. This includes taking into account the Spanish deck and the option to double the initial bet after seeing the dealer’s upcard.
- Consider Double Attack opportunities: The option to Double Attack can be beneficial in certain situations, such as when the dealer’s upcard is a low-value card. Players should familiarize themselves with the optimal strategy for Double Attack to maximize their chances of winning.
- Manage your bankroll: Double Attack Blackjack can be more volatile than traditional blackjack due to the aggressive betting options. It is essential to manage your bankroll effectively and set limits for both wins and losses.
- Understand side bet odds: If you choose to participate in the Bust It! side bet, familiarize yourself with the odds and payouts for the various dealer bust scenarios. This will help you make informed decisions about whether to place the side bet and how much to wager.
Double Attack Blackjack offers a thrilling and aggressive twist on the classic game of blackjack, providing players with a unique and engaging gaming experience. By understanding the game’s distinct rules and employing effective strategies, players can enjoy the adrenaline-pumping action that Double Attack Blackjack has to offer.
It is about another one version of the Blackjack game – Double Attack Blackjack!
Double Attack Blackjack payout
Double Attack Blackjack is dealt primarily in Atlantic City casinos. The game is a variation of Spanish 21 that pays even money on a blackjack and offers a bonus side bet on whether or not the dealer will bust on the third card. This side bet is available after the dealer’s up card is dealt, and pays out based on the rank of the card dealt. The bet only pays off if the dealer busts on the third card, and the payoffs are as follow:
- Third card is a ten. Pays off 3 to 1.
- Third card is a nine. Pays off 6 to 1.
- Third card is an eight. Pays off 8 to 1.
- Third card is a seven. Pays off 10 to 1.
- Third card is a six. Pays off 15 to 1.
There is an additional payoff if the dealer has an eight in the hand and gets another eight of the same color or suit and busts. Those payoffs are as follows:
- The eight is the same color. Pays off 50 to 1.
- The eight is the same suit. Pays off 200 to 1.