Pontoon is a popular variation of Blackjack where a maximum of 5 cards are drawn per hand.
The house edge on Playtech’s Pontoon is 0.38%
Playtech Pontoon Rules
- Any five-card hand or a ‘Pontoon’ (same as blackjack) pays 2:1
- All other player wins even money.
- 8 decks are used.
- There is no dealer up card. But the dealer will peek at his cards for a pontoon. If the dealer has a pontoon he will immediately turn it over and collect all wagers and cards.
- The dealer wins on ties.
- Dealer hits a soft 17.
- The player may stand on any total greater or equal to 15, or on any 5-card hand.
- The player may hit at any point, including after doubling.
- The player may double on 2 to 4 cards, but only once per hand. The option includes after splitting, and once for each split hand.
- The player may resplit once, including aces.
- Player may hit and double after splitting aces.
- A two-card 21 after splitting aces still counts as a pontoon.
See more on Playtech blackjack games and casinos